Any form of investment is a complex decision, therefore investing for believers needs to start with prayer. One of the growing concerns I have seen, as a licensed financial planner, is that the more money people have the less interested we become in seeking God’s wisdom in growing it. We think we can do it on our own. And that is a dangerous predicament.
We need God’s wisdom with all the dynamic factors involved, as some of them can be very confusing.. even to experts. Keep your eyes on God as you steward His resources for His glory. He alone knows the future, and how your investment will perform, you don’t.
A gentle nudge
I hope to set you in the right direction as you carefully bring an investment opportunity to the table. If you’re married, involve your spouse. Let him/her know. Never make an investment without the knowledge of your spouse. As your co-steward, they need to know:
- The purpose of the investment – what is your goal? Is the goal aligned with the family’s direction and current situation? Does it deviate?
- The timing of the investment – is there a deadline involved? Are we rushing? Will we miss out on positive returns? How much?
- The potential risks or possible returns – have we considered all the possible risks? Are all our funding goals set (emergency funds, regular bills, basic family needs)?
As believers, and in prayer, follow God’s lead and listen to godly counsel. Allow Him to bear the load, nothing can ever bring stress to His throne.
Understanding the Times. – A unique webinar about what the Bible says about our times. Let me share with you my studies on
- the biggest risks in the world at the moment
- What the Bible says about investing & stewardship
- Where are the opportunities?
- Where can you make income in a zero-rate world?
- Where to invest when everything looks over-priced?
- What do you think would be the best performing asset class over the next 10 years?
- and finally… Should you invest in bitcoin or cryptocurrencies?
Audio version: Understanding the Times (watch this webinar to see the slides)
In this episode: Alex Cook, CEO of ChristianWealth.com joins Ask Alex with host Neil Johnson on Twenty20 Vision.
Episode 213 of the ChristianWealth Podcast.
We would be happy to hear from you. Please tell us what you think about our podcast today.